Today we’re going to look at Music CRMs.
What they are, why you’re falling behind if you’re not using one and why you need one.
A Music CRM doesn’t need to be an expensive monthly bill or complicated.
What is a Music CRM?
A CRM is a Customer Relationship Management tool.
A Music CRM is one designed or used specifically for music.
The role of the CRM is keep customers and turn potential customers into paying customers.
In music CRMs:
- it’s turning potential gigs into paid booked gigs.
- it’s turning potential music reviews/press into published reviews of your music and performances
- it’s turning potential record label showcases into A&R reps listening to and reviewing your music
The bottom line is, you need a Music CRM.
Pitfalls of NOT using a Music CRM
- Gigs fall through because you never followed up
- Music press about your new album gets set to the side
- Labels move on to someone else
The most important part of a Music CRM is the contact information.
With a central location of all of your music contacts you can keep each contact up to date.
GigFaster is one big Music CRM.
We update the data everyday.
If we send an email and it bounces it gets updated that same day.
A Music CRM will keep you organized and also on track with when to follow up.
Proper follow-up is the 2nd most important part (next to good contact information) of a Music CRM.
Using a Music CRM for these 2 things will keep your music “business” on track and land more gigs, more reviews and more ears from record labels.
Here are 3 things you should include in your Music CRM today.
3 Things You Need In Your Music CRM
- Good Contact Information – Keep this info current so that you can follow up without delay.
- Follow-Up Schedule – Sending one email to your contact will likely not land you a booked gig, music review or record label listen. Be sure to follow up!
- Your EPK – Keep your updated electronic press kit easily accessible to send to venues, blogs and labels.
Remember, finding success in music isn’t an overnight job.
Successful musicians are in it for the long haul.
They never quit and continually refine their product (music, image, etc).
Part of that includes the music business part.
How GigFaster Can Help
As I mentioned earlier, GigFaster is a huge Music CRM that is updated every day.
Need places to promote your music to? Need venues to book gigs with? Ready to submit your music to record labels?
We created GigFaster so that you can reach verified music blog, music reviewer contacts and indie record labels.
We have a built-in network of over 6,000 venues, music promoters, and record labels.
Start for free today.
Remember, if you want to succeed, never quit!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST: